Monday, March 7, 2011

Hello

I've been contemplating starting a blog for a few months, but after this last work week I decided I couldn't put it off any longer.

I work at Nordstrom in Women's/Salon Shoes. Everyday I sell shoes to women who say things like "I don't have anywhere to wear those", "Those would make me too tall", "Thats too trendy for me, I'm a mom"

Hearing beautiful women say things like this makes me crazy. They think fashion doesn't apply to them because they have children, don't have anywhere important to go, are over 40, etc...

I see it as my responsibility to explain current trends, functions, and ideas in fashion and assure these women that there is absolutely nothing wrong with pushing one of those oversized kid-friendly shopping carts around Target in Cole Haan espadrilles. (yes, some people are even scared of a wedge heel)

Living in southern suburbia sounds boring, but it doesn't mean we have look boring. Let me teach you how to appreciate fashion for the art it is, and make runway trends work for your lifestyle.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love the blog! I can't wait to read all your awesome tips that you have to offer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary Helen, you know I agree. I <3 your blog! I look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete