Sunday, April 3, 2011

Colorful & Classic

colorful & classic


Who has spring fever? I know I do!

I feel like I have been bundled up for months. I want my wardrobe to match the bright sun and green trees outside, but it seems a little early to bare it all in a tank and shorts.  For spring, I'm loving the idea of brightening and shortening my wardrobe one day at a time, one piece at a time. It makes the warm weather a little more exciting, to feel like you have something to work toward instead of switching your closet all on one sunday afternoon.

Try pairing a solid long sleeve blouse with shorts in a great spring color, or style a white top and jeans with a few colorful accessories.  Try a pair of white jeans (in a modern fit) with a grey or navy blazer. The white jeans say "I'm excited about this weather" but the dark color on top will keep you from looking like you jumped straight into July.

Use accessories to brighten up an outfit. Look for chunky necklaces or bracelets in colors like coral, turquoise, or honeysuckle. Pair a bold bag with a smaller accessory like a cocktail ring to avoid color over-kill. When using multiple colored accessories, don't be afraid to choose contrasting colors or different shades of the same hue.  Have fun with color! Try aqua nail polish (on short, rounded nails) or pink shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment